CALLING ALL ARTISTS
Submission deadline: Thursday, March 16, 2023
The Glebe BIA is seeking new mural submissions to animate the Glebe for residents and visitors. Artists and artist teams are invited to propose mural projects that will enrich the on-street experience in the neighbourhood. This year we are brightening up Bank Street by painting an electrical box by Central Park.
The aim of the program is to add vibrancy while celebrating local art and diversity in our great city. The Glebe BIA Mural Program has seen the installation of over 20 community murals by local artists since its inception. Submissions should conceptualize an artwork installation for an electrical box in the Glebe. These murals should enhance our community by:
- Celebrating the Glebe.
- Welcoming people to the neighbourhood.
- Brightening spaces.
- Deterring graffiti.
The Glebe BIA, in partnership with the City of Ottawa will fund winning concepts and help facilitate their production and installation.
REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
Artists and artist teams interested in participating in the Glebe Mural Program should submit ONE copy of each of the following:
- A Letter of Interest no more than one page explaining the artist’s or artist team’s interest in the project, experience working on comparable projects, and statement of artistic approach.
- A resume not to exceed two pages, including artist training, professional experience and art/public art commission. If submitting as a team, a separate resume should be submitted for each team member.
- Three work samples (including title, year, location, and image) of your past or current projects.
- A design concept sketch.
- A project name.
- An approximate budget for the project, based on the picture of location provided.
- A maintenance plan for the project.
- Complete contact information.
- Professional references (upon request).
- Artists may submit more than one design proposal along with a statement for each design. Do not send any materials not specifically requested (i.e. transparencies, DVDs/videos, articles etc.), as they will not be reviewed by the jury. Any hard copies of submissions will not be returned.
Designs with wording will likely not be chosen. Designs cannot contain advertisement or promotion for any business, product or viewpoint. Designs may not include any breach of intellectual property, trademarks, brands or images of illegal activity.
To be determined and dependent on project scope.
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, March 16, 2023 by 11:59pm.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions or questions should be addressed to Glebe BIA Programming and Events Coordinator, Chloe Park, at email@example.com.