The Virtual Great Glebe Garage Sale is Back! Support for the Food Bank
The Great Glebe Garage Sale is back — And it is a wonderful way to give your old belongings new life & help our cause at the same time!
This year Great Glebe Garage Sale GiveShop fundraising group will open for the posting of donated items on the GiveShop marketplace on May 28th. Buyers can make offers starting this Friday, June 4th until June 18th, 2021.
The impact of this fundraiser is tremendous as we typically see a large dip in donations during the summer months. Hunger does not discriminate against seasons and is still very much an issue in our community this time of year. You can help provide food and support for over 39,000 community members by participating in the amazing fundraiser!
It’s extremely simple:
- Download the GiveShop App or head to www.giveshop.ca.
- Donor posts an item you wish to donate by taking a photo, selecting Ottawa Food Bank as a beneficiary and set an asking price.
- Buyers search the GiveShop product listing by merchandise category or charity.
- Once a donor & buyer agree on a price, they communicate to arrange a meeting time.
- The donor & buyer meet to exchange the item. The buyer pays by credit card using the GiveShop platform.
- Giveshop remits the sale proceeds to the donor’s charity of choice and the donor receives a tax receipt for the sale amount.
About the Great Glebe Garage Sale:
The Great Glebe Garage Sale is a popular community event held in the Glebe on the fourth Saturday in May since 1986, when it was established by the Glebe Community Association. This year’s sale looks a little different due to COVID-19. Normally, homeowners in the Glebe are the primary vendors from their front lawns, driveways and porches. Collectively they make one giant sale (and awesome recycling event) that has become an annual community festival attracting thousands of people to the neighbourhood.
Our online donation page linked on the button below is where we gratefully accept any donations in addition to your purchases.