Idea’s for Mother’s Day in the Glebe
The countdown is on, Mother’s Day is in 4 days!
Luckily, we’ve put together a comprehensive list for all you last-minute shoppers, for every opportunity to wow your mother or mother figure this weekend in the Glebe.
If your mom likes to stay active, then check out,
- Mother’s Day Yoga with the Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group.
It’s online and it’s free, this Sunday, May 8 from 9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
“We recommend someone makes you a special breakfast after”. Great idea, GNAG!
For the art-loving moms in our lives, check out,
- The Spring Pottery Sale hosted by the Ottawa Guild of Potters.
It’s free from May 6-8 at the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne Park.
You will be able to find functional ware, sculptural and decorative pieces as well some great gift ideas for Mother’s Day”. Come make a day of it and check out what local artists have been up to all winter long.
For the sport-loving mom, check out,
They are hosting a buy-one-get-one sale for the May 7 game at 6pm. Atlético plays on the field at TD Place. Buy one ticket and give the other to your mom.
There is no substitution for quality time spent together”. Well said, Atlético!
If you’re feeling lucky and would prefer to enter your mom into a contest, we’ve got quite a few options for you,
- ALL ECO is giving away an impressive Mother’s Day basket on their social media. To enter, you need to like the post, tag a friend, and share it to your story (optional).
The basket has a total value of $105.00. Contest closes on May 6 at 11:59pm.
- Third Avenue Spa, Magpie Jewellery, and Bloomfields have all teamed up to provide one lucky “mum” with a sweet prize pack. This includes, a $150 Magpie Jewellery gift card, a $150 Bloomfields gift card, and a manicure & pedicure from Third Avenue Spa!
To enter, follow their three account, tag someone you consider a mum and tell them why you think they should win. That’s it, and the winner will be announced on Magpie Jewellery’s page Saturday night.
- Care for High tea at the Chateau Laurier? Centertown Orthodontics is giving away a high tea experience for two to one lucky winner! Treat your mom like royalty (and why not yourself while you’re at it)!
To enter, like their post and tag who you’d like to spoil on Mother’s Day. Winner will be drawn on May 9.
- InStep Nutrition & Movement has teamed up with Atlético Ottawa to give away two tickets to the May 7 game at 6:00 p.m.
To enter, like their post, follow InStep’s page, and comment who you would like to bring. Contest closes May 5 at 11:59 p.m.
- And don’t forget our very own Mother’s Day giveaway. You could win a $50 Bloomfields gift card, a $100 gift card to the Glebe clothing store of your choice, and a $100 gift card to the Glebe spa of your choice.
To enter, make sure you’re following the intheglebe account, like the post, and tag a loved one that you think deserves some pampering. Contest closes May 5 at 10am. Good luck!
If your mom is a fan of the theatre, check out,
- Ukrainian Outdoor Concert to benefit humanitarian efforts in the Ukraine.
This concert is taking place May 7, at 2 p.m. at Aberdeen Square in Lansdowne.
The concert is free, donations are appreciated. All funds will be donated to the Canada-Ukraine Foundation. Come appreciate the quartet and give back while you’re at it.
- An Act of Grace is a theatre show on from May 7-9 at the Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group.
A story of Greed, an illicit affair, and a dying woman’s last wish that may force two men to turn to violence in order to survive a business meeting in this multi-award-winning dark comedy thriller.
If you would prefer to treat your mom to brunch, you’re in luck,
- Kettleman’s has prepared two impressive brunch baskets to wow any mom on Mother’s Day. Both options are sure to be a hit and both cost only $39.99.
Make sure to place your order by May 4, by the end of the day. Order in-store or call in.
And while we’re on the topic of food, don’t forget that the Glebe is home to some of the most gorgeous patio’s and brunch spots in Ottawa. Come make a day of it with your mom in the Glebe, she deserves it!